What if the driver that hit me has no insurance?

Unfortunately, these kinds of accidents are not unusual. But that’s why you should be sure to carry UM/UIM coverage on your auto liability policy. These abbreviations on your insurance card stand for Uninsured / Underinsured. It’s the part of your policy that kicks into play if the other driver has no insurance or not enough to cover your loss. It means you have a claim against your own insurance company. Present this issue to your attorney and he or she will know what to do.

Back To Auto Accident FAQs